Anybody who has ever led an organization or been involved on the internal side of an organization knows that it is hard enough to find volunteers; keeping them inspired by your cause is a whole other mission.
It is not an easy task to keep a few, a dozen, or in some instances — hundreds — of people motivated and working toward the same task and for the same reason. So, as an organization, it is your job to find ways to drive home that motivation.
Below, we have highlighted some famous quotes which we use to inspire our producers at CreativeVolunteer. They inspire us to continue the mission of cause-based work and our hope is that the same effect will rub off on the people who so graciously give themselves to charity.
1. “Volunteering is at the very core of being a human. No one has made it through life without someone else’s help.” — Heather French Henry
2. “Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Steve Jobs
3. “If our hopes of building a better and safer world are to become more than wishful thinking, we will need the engagement of volunteers more than ever.” — Kofi Annan
4. “Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve. You don’t have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”- Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. “From my early school days, I was brought up with the belief that we have a duty to use our talents, to volunteer and to make a contribution.” — Michael Hintze
6. “Volunteers will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no volunteers.” — Ken Wyman
7. “A single act of kindness is like a drop of oil on a patch of dry skin-seeping, spreading, and affecting more than the original need.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
8. “I’ve learnt that you shouldn’t…